Upcoming Police & Firefighter Seminars:
Starts February 12, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada
“This was the best seminar I have ever attended. The information was useful and applicable to real life.”
Erik Aldays, POA of Clark County, Nevada School District
“I always walk away from an LRIS seminar with something new that we hadn’t known or thought of. The panel method is always entertaining.” Karen Fournier, Snohomish County, Washington Sheriff’s Association.
Starts April 16, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada
“The best training I’ve attended in 35 years!” William Howe, St. Louis County, Missouri Police Department.
“Another top notch seminar with personable and knowledgeable speakers, all willing to listen to attendees and their questions.” Lawrence Curtis, Enfield, Connecticut Police Union.
First Thursday Podcast For December
Download the podcast (Use this link to listen on Apple devices)
We’re big on facial hair here at LRIS headquarters, but that’s not the only reason it features prominently in this month’s podcast. Rules on facial hair represent just one of several employer policies that can have a constitutional or protected class impact.
This month’s podcast also features the following non-beard-related topics:
- No Free Speech Violation Posed By Ban On Releasing PD Materials While Criminal Investigation Active
- Arbitrator’s Sexual Harassment Opinion Upheld
- Arbitration Decisions And Civil Rights Litigation
- Demotion, Not Termination, Usually The Appropriate Punishment For Supervisory Failures
- Conviction Of Misdemeanor Crime Of Domestic Violence Extinguishes Due Process Rights
- State Police Successfully Opposes Troopers PTSD Claim
- No Violation To Freeze Pension When Retired Firefighter Elected To City Council
- Discussion on the Consumer Price Index