Upcoming Police & Firefighter Seminars:
Starts April 16, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada
“The best training I’ve attended in 35 years!” William Howe, St. Louis County, Missouri Police Department.
“Another top notch seminar with personable and knowledgeable speakers, all willing to listen to attendees and their questions.” Lawrence Curtis, Enfield, Connecticut Police Union.
Starts June 18, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada
“This seminar touches on so many issues that are relevant daily in my jurisdiction. Materials are a valuable tool for daily use in law enforcement.” Mary Sharp, Esq., Louisville, Kentucky
“Content was excellent and will be able to use it in representing NYC police sergeants.” Cliff Thieleke, Sergeants Benevolent Association of New York City
Starts September 17, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada
“I have never left an LRIS seminar without actionable material and new knowledge.” John Rosser, Department of Corrections Labor Committee, Washington, DC
“Excellent class. This is a ‘must attend’ class for all labor relations teams. The material is extremely relevant and up to date.” Tommy Varebrook, Waukegan, Illinois Police Department.
First Thursday Podcast For April
Download the podcast (Use this link to listen on Apple devices)
Featured in this month’s podcast:
- Does state’s flex time system violate the FLSA?
- Is county required to pay corrections officers overtime for meal periods?
- LAFD dispatchers, aeromedical technicians not firefighters for FLSA purposes
- Supreme Court to rule on Amazon workers FLSA
- Can employer force employee to use FMLA leave at the same time employee is using sick leave?
- Threat of a seizure enough to disqualify recruit
- Discipline not negotiable for Denver firefighters
- California bill of rights claims can be arbitrated
- Retirees not ‘members’ for purposes of grievance procedure